Stag Field Operations
|Activity type||Operation of a facility|
|Submitted by||Jadestone Energy (Australia) Pty Ltd|
|Submission date||11 September, 2020|
|Status||Under assessment (with NOPSEMA)|
|Link to previously accepted EP|
Phone: +61 8 9486 6600
The Stag Facility is located in permit area WA-15-L approximately 60 kilometres (km) northwest of Dampier. Activities associated with the Facility include:
• A fixed Central Production Facility (CPF), producing and processing oil from a number of wells;
• A single 2 km long carbon steel export oil pipeline on the northeast side of the CPF connecting to a Catenary Anchor Leg Mooring (CALM) buoy via a flexible submarine hose;
• A third-party tanker receives oil through a flexible import hose from the CALM buoy. Once loading is complete, the tanker departs the field for delivery of cargo to market. No offtake activity from the third party tanker occurs in field;
• Water injection flowlines and wells to assist reservoir fluid recovery;
• Support/ supply vessels, work vessels and tug boats/ static tow vessels supporting third-party tanker movement, facility logistics, maintenance and provisioning; and
• Helicopter support.
Oil is loaded continuously to the third-party tanker at a production rate of up to 4,000 bbl/d. The CPF has been in production since 1998 with only minor modifications carried out during this time. Historical operations at the Stag Field have seen the inclusion of a floating, storage and offtake (FSO) vessel that has been moored in field and receives produced oil from the central production facility (CPF), and then offtake of the cargo to a third-party tanker. Recent operational and commercial developments have seen a shift to an operating model that requires only a third-party tanker and thereby permanent relinquishment of the FSO from the field, and therefore a revision to the current EP has been submitted.
The scope of this Environment Plan covers the operation of the offshore facilities for a period of up to 5 years from initial acceptance in December 2017.
|Commonwealth waters adjacent to||Western Australia|
|Titles (or other instruments)||