Stag Field Operations
|Activity type||Operation of a facility for the recovery or processing of petroleum|
|Lifecycle Classification||Operation & Production|
|Submitted by||Jadestone Energy (Australia) Pty Ltd|
|Submission date||29 May, 2017|
|Decision date||13 December, 2017|
|Link to previously accepted EP||2477 - Stag Field Operations|
The Stag Facility is located in permit area WA-15-L approximately 60 kilometres (km) northwest of Dampier. Activities associated with the Facility include:
• The operation of the Stag Central Production Facility (CPF), a fixed platform located in approximately 49 metres (m) water depth, which produces oil from the Stag reservoir from a number of wells;
• A single 2 km long carbon steel export oil pipeline on the northeast side of the CPF connecting to a Catenary Anchor Leg Mooring (CALM) buoy via a flexible submarine hose;
• A Floating Storage and Offload (FSO) tanker, the Dampier Spirit, which receives oil through a flexible import hose from the CALM buoy and periodically exports oil to third party offtake tankers;
• Water injection flowlines and wells to assist reservoir fluid recovery;
• Support / supply vessels, work vessels and tug boats supporting third party offtake tanker movement, facility logistics, maintenance and provisioning; and
• Helicopter support (e.g. crew change).
Oil is loaded continuously to the FSO at a production rate of approximately 4,000 bbl/d. Conventional trading tankers (third party offtake tankers) that periodically moor astern of the FSO in a tandem arrangement, load oil in parcels of typically 250,000 bbls. The CPF has been in production since 1998 with only minor modifications carried out.
The scope of this Environment Plan covers the operation of the offshore facilities for a period of up to 5 years.
This Environment Plan was submitted to NOPSEMA by Quadrant Northwest Pty Ltd (the previous titleholder for WA-15-L) on behalf of Jadestone Energy (Australia) Pty Ltd, in preparation for the transfer of title and operator to Jadestone Energy (Australia) Pty Ltd. Title transfer has occurred and Jadestone is now the titleholder submitting the EP.
|Commonwealth waters adjacent to||Western Australia|
|Titles (or other instruments)||