Ichthys Umbilicals, Risers and Flowlines and Subsea Production Systems Installation WA-50-L
|Activity type||Significant modification of a facility|
|Submitted by||INPEX Ichthys Pty Ltd|
|Submission date||19 March, 2020|
|Status||Under assessment (with NOPSEMA)|
|Link to previously accepted EP|
As titleholder and on behalf of its joint venture participants, INPEX Ichthys Pty Ltd. (INPEX) is proposing to undertake additional construction and installation activities within petroleum production licence WA-50-L, associated with the Ichthys Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Project. This further development of the Ichthys Field was approved under the Ichthys LNG Project Commonwealth approval decision EPBC 4208/2008.
Production licence, WA-50-L, is located within the Browse Basin in Commonwealth waters within Western Australia. It is approximately 230 km north-west of the Kimberley coastline, at its closest point. Water depths at the proposed installation locations range between 235 m and 275 m at lowest astronomical tide (LAT). The closest major town is Derby, located approximately 390 km south of the southern boundary of the licence area.
The proposed activities will be undertaken in WA-50-L over a period of five years. The commencement date is expected to be in Q1 2021, noting that the exact timing for commencement and completion will be dependent upon approvals, vessel availability, operational efficiencies and weather conditions.
The scope of this EP includes the construction and installation of Umbilicals, Risers and Flowlines (URF) infrastructure associated with the next stage of the Ichthys LNG Project. The subsea production system will be expanded through the installation of a new gathering system and new infrastructure required to connect new production wells to the existing gathering systems.
The activities to be undertaken under this EP include:
• survey activities
• installation, mechanical completion, pre-commissioning and commissioning of URF infrastructure
• the connection of URF infrastructure and systems to the existing subsea infrastructure and offshore facility
• pre-commissioning and commissioning of the well head Christmas trees at drill centres
• support activities in WA-50-L including:
- equipment transfers
- bulk transfer of MEG, hydrocarbons and other chemicals
- crew transfers
- transfer of waste
- transfer of general supplies
- potential for IMR of existing and proposed SPS infrastructure in WA-50-L
• all subsea activities will involve remotely operated underwater vehicles (ROVs) with onboard cameras to monitor and perform the installation activities
• three moorings may be established in WA-50-L to assist in vessel logistics and reduce fuel use.
The scope also includes for the potential for inspection, maintenance and repair (IMR) of existing and proposed infrastructure in WA-50-L; however, the start date is subject to vessel availability, operational efficiencies and weather.
|Commonwealth waters adjacent to||Western Australia|
|Titles (or other instruments)||