|Activity type||Operation of a petroleum pipeline|
|Submitted by||Beach Energy (Operations) Limited|
|Submission date||20 September, 2019|
|Status||Under assessment (with titleholder)|
|Link to previously accepted EP|
Phone: 08 8338 2833
Lattice Energy Ltd (Lattice), as a wholly owned subsidiary of Beach Energy Ltd (Beach), is the Operator of the BassGas Development. Gas and liquids produced from the Yolla gas field, located 147 km south of Kilcunda (Victoria) in Bass Strait (see location map), are transported via a subsea pipeline to the Victorian mainland and then to the Lang Lang Gas Plant. Commercial gas production started in June 2006.
The scope of the BassGas operations (the ‘petroleum activity’) is defined:
Operation and maintenance activities related to the production and flow of gas and condensate through the Yolla-A platform, wells and subsea pipeline in Commonwealth and Victorian waters.
More specifically, the activity is defined as the operation and maintenance for the next five years of the:
• Yolla-A manned platform (in Production Licence T/L1), located in a water depth of 80 m;
• Yolla-3, -4, -5 and -6 wells; and
• Subsea raw gas pipeline (Pipeline Licences PL34, PL36 and PL34(V)).
Ongoing offshore inspection and maintenance activities for the BassGas Development include:
• Platform topsides cleaning, inspection, repairs and maintenance;
• Vessel-based remotely operated vehicle (ROV) pipeline inspections;
• Vessel-based diving activities;
• Pipeline pigging;
• Pipeline stabilisation and span rectifications; and
• Geophysical surveys over the raw gas pipeline
This Environment Plan (EP) specifically excludes the onshore components of the BassGas Development and drilling activities.