Activity - Prelude FLNG
Activity - Prelude FLNG
|Organisation||Shell Australia Pty Ltd|
|Project||Prelude FLNG Facility|
Operation of a facility for the recovery or processing of petroleum
Recovery of petroleum using a subsea installation
|Submission date||06 February, 2020|
|Acceptance date||25 January, 2021|
|Start date||20 December, 2018|
|Stop date||Pending titleholder notification|
|Lifecycle Classification||Operation & Production|
Shell Australia Pty Ltd (Shell) operates the Prelude Floating Liquefied Natural Gas (FLNG) Project (EPBC 2008/4146) in the Petroleum Permit Area WA-44-L and WA-2-IL. Prelude is located in Commonwealth marine waters in the northern Browse Basin, 200 km offshore northwest Australia and 460 km north-north east of Broome in 237 m from mean sea level (MSL) water depth. Shell is the Titleholder and Operator of Prelude FLNG in joint venture with INPEX, KOGAS and OPIC.
The Prelude FLNG Project comprises the FLNG facility itself and subsea systems including: production wells and manifolds; flowlines; riser base manifolds; flexible risers that transport the gas, condensate and any produced formation water to the FLNG facility; and umbilicals used to control the wells and associated equipment.
The Prelude FLNG facility was towed from South Korea where it was constructed and partially commissioned and arrived in field in July 2017. The installation, hook-up and commissioning occurred upon arrival of the FLNG and then the facility reached its ready for start-up (RFSU) milestone by introducing hydrocarbons from the wells on 26 Dec 2018. The Prelude FLNG facility is designed to stay on location and operate for at least 25 years.
This Environment Plan covers the following activities within the Operational Area located within permit area WA-44-L and infrastructure license WA-2-IL:
• Operations and maintenance turnarounds of the FLNG and subsea facilities
• Operation within the designated safety zone of the installation, support, supply and in-field support vessels and helicopters required for the offshore works, commissioning & maintenance activities and operate phase
• Continued start-up and ramp-up working towards reaching steady state operations
• Product offtake tankers or bunkering vessels only when they are attached to the Prelude facility (considered as petroleum activity)
• Well intervention activities using a light well intervention vessel
• Inspections, maintenance and repairs of systems and subsea infrastructure
• Emergency Response events